PSR is an independent nonprofit institution and think tank of policy analysis and academic research. PSR was founded with the goal of advancing scholarship and knowledge on immediate issues of concern to Palestinians in three areas: domestic politics and government, strategic analysis and foreign policy, and public opinion polls and survey research. PSR research units conduct and organize four types of activities: research and policy analysis, empirical surveys and public opinion polls, task forces and study groups, and meetings and conferences. The units focus on current public policy issues with a special reliance on empirical research as a tool to advance scholarship and understanding.
PSR is dedicated to promoting objective and nonpartisan research and analysis and to encouraging a better understanding of Palestinian domestic and international environment in an atmosphere of free debate and exchange of ideas. PSR is registered as a nonprofit institution in the Palestinian Ministry of Justice.
Board of Trustees:
- Faisal Hourani Author, member of the Palestinian National Council
- Dr. Mudar Kassis assistant professor of philosophy and cultural studies at Bir Zeit University
- Dr. Nadim Rouhana Associate Professor at the University of Massachusetts Boston and an associate at Weatherhead Center for International Affairs at Harvard University
- Ms. Dalal Salameh Fomer PLC Member
- Dr. Yezid Sayigh Senior fellow - Carnegie Middle East Center in Beirut - Lebanon.
- Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh Director General of PECDAR
- Dr. Azmi al Shuaibi AMAN's commissioner for Combating Corruption, and former member of the Palestinian Legislative Council.
Researchers and Administrators:
- Dr. Khalil Shikaki , Director and Senior researcher: Associate Professor of Political Science, Ph. D. in Political Science, graduated from Columbia University in 1985
- Mr. Alaa Lahloh , Researcher: Masters Degree in Political Science
- Mr. Waleed Ladadweh , Researcher: Masters Degree in Sociology
- Mr.Jehad Harb, Researcher: Masters Degree in Political Science
- Ms. Amani Jamal , Research assistant: Bachelore's degree in Pshycology, minor Education. Preparing for a Master's degree in Community Mental Health.
- Mr. Omran Nasser, Accountant: BA in accounting.
- Mr. Hamada Jaber, Administrative & Financial Officer: master degree in Peacekeeping & Security Studies